Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mommy's Project 52:11 Rewarding

I could go into a lot of things that are rewarding for me. Raising my children, making a good catch at work, finishing a project that I have been working on for a while, etc. However, I think right now the most rewarding thing in my life, other than my children since they will always win hands down, is working out. I was really doubting myself when I started working out again. Especially after a couple of weeks when I was not seeing any weight loss. However, I kept at it. I have started to slowly see progress, not only on the scale, but also in the way my clothing is fitting, and my stamina. I never thought I would be able to run. Although I still have a very LONG way to go with running, I can now do the laps that the fitness instructor has us do. Granted, they are slow, but I am no longer walking. I have also noticed that my intensity is increasing. This is a recent development thanks to some encouraging words from the instructor to the entire class on what he expects. It has been hard, but it as been so worth it! I can now actually see me reaching my weight loss goals if I continue to work out. For me, working out is my reward...my reward to myself for working so hard to not fall apart with everything else I have going on in my life.

2 comments: