Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mommy's Project 52:13 Bathing

Bathing...A time to clean yourself...or is it?

If you are like my daughters, bathing is a time to splash and see how wet they can make mommy! I long ago decided that it would be better to wear a rain coat in the bathroom whenever they take a bath simply so that I stay dry. I still have yet to do that.

Then of course, there are the dogs. Yes, they are "fun" to give a bath to. We have 3 dogs and they all weigh over 60 pounds with one of them over 100 pounds. There is nothing better than fighting a dog that is half your size to get into a bath tub and stay there. If you are lucky enough to get the dogs into the bath (one at a time of course), you can almost be guaranteed that by the time you get them all soaped up, they are out and running. No, bath time with them is not fun. In fact, so much so that it went from bath time to shower time a long time ago. So much simpler now.

My husband is a shower man. I don't even know the last time he actually sat in the bath tub. I think it is a man thing...

And me. I love baths. I don't take the to actually clean, that's what the shower is for. No, bathing for me is purely about relaxing. Light some candles, bring in a glass (or bottle) of wine, fill the bath with bubbles and the hottest water I can stand...Yep, that to me is bathing.

First Bubble Bath of the New Year (3/365)

1 comment:

  1. That bath scene looks glorious! I have such a hard time taking a bath. I get so restless! I love the feeling at first, then I get bored, unless I have a good book with me. Then, the wine, candle, and book make for a wonderfully relaxing experience!

    ReplyDelete